Non-toxic natural soil conditioner promotes the healthy growth of lawns,
gardens, trees and plants. Helps loosen "hard" (clayey) soils
and remediate salt damage; available in easy-to-handle 40lb. bags.
Lawn & Garden Gypsumis more soluble than limestone – making its
calcium available to plants quicker and it helps to fix dead spots
caused by road salt and animal urine. Easily applied with drop and
rotary application equipment, it does not “bridge” or “stick” in a
spreader like other lawn gypsum products. Sof'n-Soil® Lawn &
- Will not upset soil pH balance – it is a neutral material with a
pH value near 7.0, unlike limestone and other lime products, which
are alkaline materials (and raise soil pH – detrimental to acid
- Will not change the chemical makeup of plant nutrients – unlike
limestone which can increase the soil pH and change the chemistry
of plant nutrients. Sometimes the affected nutrient becomes
insoluble and is not available to plants. So, even with sufficient
plant nutrients in the soil, an alkali condition can be created
which causes plants to starve for nutrients.
- Is a low cost, natural conditioner; promotes deep root growth
- Is non-toxic and will not harm people or pets
- Is OMRI Listed® - it may be used in certified organic production
or food processing and handling according to the USDA National
Organic Program Rule.