The industry’s lightest 1/2 in. wallboard is also the most sustainable.
Sheetrock® Brand EcoSmart Panels represent a revolution in wallboard
manufacturing, significantly reducing the need for natural resources and
impact on the environment. These third-generation gypsum panels have
been formulated to achieve all of the strength and performance
characteristics as 1/2 in. Sheetrock® Brand UltraLight Panels at a lower
environmental impact and greater weight reduction. The panels are also
designed to have superior sag resistance, eliminating the need for
traditional 1/2 in. sag-resistant ceiling panels. Sheetrock® Brand
EcoSmart Panels achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification and qualifies as
a low VOC emitting material (meets CA 01350).
Highly sustainable and ultralightweight 1/2 in. wall and ceiling gypsum
panels for interior applications.
- Up to 49% less global warming potential (GWP)*
- Up to 43% less water used in the manufacturing process*
- Up to 25% less weight reduces transportation fuel energy by up to 13%*
- Up to 99% recycled content (regionally available)
- Contains 100% USDA certified biobased content
- Achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification and qualifies as a low VOC
emitting material (meets CA 01350)
- Meet ASTM C1396 specifications
- International Code Council® (ICC®) Evaluation Service compliant
for ceiling installations,
* Compared to standard and lightweight 1/2 in. gypsum panels as
presented in the Gypsum Association’s 1/2 in. Cradle-to-Gate Life
with fresh water usage updated to be in accordance with ISO 14046.