The industry's first and lightest 5/8" Type X panel available for
commercial and residential construction. Sheetrock® Brand UltraLight
Panels Firecode® X is the industry's first and lightest Type X gypsum
panel, and is available in one of two Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
(UL) Type Designations (Type ULIX and Type ULX), depending on the
market. Both panels have been formulated to achieve all of the strength
and performance characteristics as standard 15.9mm (5/8")
Sheetrock® Brand Firecode® Gypsum Panels at a significantly reduced weight.
Product Availability of type ULIX: Western Canada, Ontario, and Quebec
Product Availability of type ULX: New-Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince
Edward Island and Newfoundland.
Innovative engineered composite design makes Sheetrock® Brand UltraLight
Panels Firecode® X the lightest Type X wallboard available in the industry.
- Complies with ASTM C1396 physical properties for 15.9mm
(5/8") Type X gypsum wallboard.
- Listed by UL for use in fire-rated partitions when installed
either vertically or horizontally with aligned tapered edges on
standard and equivalent UL-approved 25-gauge studs (per UL Design
U419 and U423).
- cUL Classified as to fire resistance, CAN/ULC-S102 for surface
burning characteristics and CAN/ULC-S114 for core combustibility.
- Offers comparable sound, strength and impact resistance to
standard 15.9 mm (5/8") Type X.
- Can be used in generic wall and ceiling fire rated assemblies
where 5/8" Type X panels have been specified.
- The type ULIX is also available in 54’’ wide panels perfect for
9-foot ceilings and reducing overall number of joints to finish.
- Multi-Family Residential and Condos
- Single-Family Residential