High-quality, corrosion-resistant fasteners designed for attaching multiple types of backerboards and underlayments to wood or steel framing, inside and out. Durock™ Brand Tile Backer Screws are made with a special corrosion-resistant coating for ideal use in high-moisture environments and designed to enable flush seating and prevent strip-outs. Both wood and steel screws are available.
Durock™ Brand Tile Backer Screws offer an increased bearing surface that provides greater pull-through resistance and deliver superior performance when used with Durock® Brand Cement Board.
- Corrosion-resistant coating, designed to resist 1500+ hours of salt-spray testing before developing 5% red rust (per ASTM B117)
- The Recex® Robertson/Phillips combo drive produces a cling fit that reduces driving effort, promotes faster driving and extends bit life
- Features a large wafer-type head that provides exceptional holding power
- Strip-out prevention ribs prevent "pull through"
- Two thread designs are available: a coarse (hi-lo) thread design for wood framing and a self-drilling thread design for 14 to 20 gauge metal stud thicknesses
- The blue color offers better visual contrast when fastening panels
- Conveniently packaged for small and medium size installations in a clear and durable plastic jar that includes a square bit. The jars feature twist-on lids with handles and can easily be repurposed or recycled
- Can be used for interior and exterior applications