Sheetrock® Brand EcoSmart Panels represent a revolution in wallboard manufacturing, significantly reducing the need for natural resources and impact on the environment. These lightweight 1/2 in. gypsum panels have been formulated to achieve all of the strength and performance characteristics as 1/2 in. Sheetrock® Brand UltraLight Panels at a greater weight reduction. The panels are also designed to have superior sag resistance (International Code Council® Evaluation Service compliant for ceiling installations), eliminating the need for traditional 1/2 in. sag-resistant ceiling panels.
- The industry's first lightweight and sustainable 1/2 in. wall and ceiling panels for interior applications
- Up to 47% less global warming potential (GWP)*
- Up to 40% less water used in the manufacturing process*
- Up to 25% less weight reduces transportation fuel energy by up to 13%*
- Up to 95% recycled content (regionally available)
- Contains 100% USDA certified biobased content
- Achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification and qualifies as a low VOC emitting material (meets CA 01350)
- Comply with ASTM C1396 specifications for 1/2 in. gypsum wallboard and 1/2 in. gypsum ceiling board
- International Code Council® (ICC®) Evaluation Service compliant for ceiling installations,ESR-3365
- Superior score and snap for cleaner edge and faster installation
* Compared to standard and lightweight 1/2 in. gypsum panels as presented in the Gypsum Association’s 1/2 in. Cradle-to-Gate Life Cycle Assessment
with fresh water usage updated to be in accordance with ISO 14046.
- Single-Family Residential