Third-generation ultralightweight gypsum panels that
significantly reduce the need for natural resources and impact on the environment.
Sheetrock® Brand EcoSmart Panels Firecode 30® represent a revolution in
wallboard manufacturing, significantly reducing the need for natural
resources and impact on the environment. Formulated to achieve all of
the strength and performance characteristics as standard 5/8 in.
Sheetrock® Brand Firecode® X, these panels are a lightweight 5/8 in.
alternative, ideal for non-rated, wood- and steel-framed single-layer
partitions or where building codes require only 30-minute fire ratings.
Sheetrock® Brand EcoSmart Panels Firecode 30® achieved GREENGUARD Gold
Certification, are UL Classified for fire resistance and can be used in
any UL Design where Type FC30 panels are listed.
Highly sustainable and ultralightweight 5/8 in. Type X wall and ceiling
gypsum panels for interior applications.
- 27% less global warming potential (GWP)*
- 28% less water used in the manufacturing process*
- 30% less weight reduces transportation fuel energy by 20%*
- Up to 97.3% recycled content (regionally available)
- Achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification and qualifies as a low VOC
emitting material (meets CA 01350)
- USGBC® LEED® v4.0—may assist in achieving two additional credits
(up to 11 total credits)
- Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL) Classification as to fire
resistance—30-minute and 1-hour fire-rated walls
- Meet or exceed ASTM C1396 for 5/8 in. non-Type X
- Comparable strength, sag and impact resistance to standard 5/8 in.
* Compared to standard 5/8 in. Type X gypsum panels as presented in the
Gypsum Association’s 5/8 in. Type X Environmental Product Declaration
(FPI/GA/01/2014) with fresh water usage updated to be in accordance with