Durock™ Brand Uncoupling Mat is a lightweight, high performance crack isolation, waterproofing and vapor management underlayment membrane for use with porcelain, ceramic, and natural stone tile in both residential and commercial applications. When exposed to stresses from in-plane lateral movement of the substrate, the Durock™ Uncoupling Mat absorbs and prevents the transfer of those stresses (up to 1/8"), helping to preserve the integrity of the tile installation.
The mat features a low-density polyethylene (LDPE) core to reduce roll-back memory during installation. The LDPE core also provides the mat with increased flexibility making it easier to handle, cut and install. The reinforced fleece backing helps to provide a secure mechanical bond to the substrate while the combination of non-woven fabric and unique dimple design allow the installer to fill in the cavities with mortar with minimal effort.
- Provides uncoupling, waterproofing, and vapor management of the substrate
- Lighter, thinner alternative to 1/4" tile underlayment panels
- Low density core helps keep the membrane flat during installation
- Rot-proof and resistant to solvents and alkalis
- Ceramic tile installation can take place immediately after the membrane is installed
- Approved for use with modified and unmodified mortars