Change your country/region

It looks like you entered an employee email address, but this is the customer sign-in. Use the link below instead.

  • What kinds of Firestop materials or systems are used?

    All of the recognized codes require the materials and methods used be "approved" typically by an independent and recognized testing laboratory such as Underwriters Laboratories or Factory Mutual. Generally, these materials include common filling or damming materials such as mineral fiber, backer rod or ceramic fiber insulation, and a noncombustible sealant or compound. Approved systems and materials now are outlined clearly in Underwriters Laboratories Fire Resistance Directory. See USG Firestop Systems folder SA727 for tested systems and products.