For more than 110 years, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative products and systems to build the environments in which we live, work and play. As the inventor of wallboard and mineral wool ceiling tile, USG created North America's building materials industry. Our products are used in everything from major commercial developments and residential housing to simple home improvements. Our flagship brands include SHEETROCK® Brand gypsum panels and DUROCK® cement board, which are recognized around the world.
USG is North America's leading producer of gypsum wallboard, joint compound and a vast array of related products for the construction and remodeling industries. We are also the global leader in the manufacture of ceiling suspension systems and are recognized as the premier acoustical panel and specialty ceiling systems innovator. Our family of products provides creative building solutions that set new standards for productivity and efficiency, helping contractors and architects deliver high quality and innovative designs.
USG, through its subsidiary L&W Supply Corporation, is also the nation's largest distributor of drywall and related building products. L&W serves the professional contractor through a network of more than 150 locations and strives to be their preferred source for all quality products and services they need to complete their projects on time and on budget.
Our steadfast commitment to the company's core business beliefs - safety, integrity, service, innovation, diversity, efficiency and quality - have helped us become the industry leading company we are today. USG's nearly 9,000 employees working in more than 30 countries are dedicated to helping our customers and partners achieve success. We are committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and quality in everything we do.
North American Gypsum
- USG’s largest business
- A leader in the U.S., Canada and Mexico
- About 25% of the North American wallboard market
- Brand names: SHEETROCK®, DUROCK®, FIBEROCK®
- About two-thirds of sales from non-wallboard products
Building Products Distribution
- $1.1 billion in 2011 revenues
- More than 150 locations - only specialty dealer with nationwide footprint
- Sells about 8% of all wallboard in U.S.
- Nation’s largest specialty distributor of wallboard, steel studs, acoustical ceilings and Exterior Insulation Finishing Systems (EIFS)
- Leading manufacturer of acoustical ceiling panels and ceilings suspension systems
- Strong #2 in ceilings globally with DONN® Brand ceiling grid and AURATONE® Brand ceiling tile
- Products mainly used in non-residential buildings
- Competes on basis of product features