Sheetrock® Brand Glass-Mat Panels Tough® are 12.7 mm (1/2 in.) Regular gypsum panels that feature a noncombustible, moisture- and mould-resistant gypsum core that is encased in a green colored moisture- and mould-resistant fiberglass face and back that shed water. When tested in accordance with ASTM D3273, Standard Test Method for Resistance to Growth of Mold on the Surface of Interior Coatings in an Environmental Chamber, the panels score a "10" (highest). The fiberglass face is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core, and the ends are cut square and even. The long edges of the panels are tapered, allowing joints to be reinforced and concealed with Sheetrock® or Synko® Brand joint treatment systems.
- 12.7 mm (1/2 in.)Regular glass-mat panels with moisture and mould resistance for wall and ceiling applications
- Feature a noncombustible, moisture- and mould-resistant gypsum core encased in a moisture- and mould-resistant fiberglass face and back.
- Suitable for use in pre dry-in (fast track or pre-rock) and similar applications of panels before the building envelope is fully enclosed
- Quick score-and-snap, no sawing or special tools required
- Comply with ASTM C1658, Standard Specification for Glass Mat Gypsum Panels, for 12.7 mm (1/2 in.), Regular and glass-mat water-resistant gypsum panel
- Score a "10" when tested in accordance with ASTM D3273, Standard Test Method for Resistance to Growth of Mold on the Surface of Interior Coatings in an Environmental Chamber
- Can be exposed to weather for up to 12 months and are guaranteed three years against manufacturing defects
- UL/ULC Classification as to fire resistance, surface burning characteristics and noncombustibility
- Achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification and qualifies as a low VOC emitting material (meets CA 01350)