Welcome to a workplace where your contribution means something—and will—for many years to come.
Starting your future with USG not only means joining a world class organization that will lay the groundwork for your continued success but that will push you to reinvent yourself virtually every day. Take ownership of your personal goals and unique abilities. Whatever your vision or disposition, challenging opportunities await you.
USG normally recruits through the following schools and associations:
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- DePaul University
- Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement (HACE)
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- Iowa State University
- Louisiana State University
- Miami University (Ohio)
- Michigan Tech
- Missouri University of Science & Tech (Missouri-Rolla)
- National Association of Black Accountants
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Penn State University
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Society of Women Engineers
- Texas A&M
- Texas Tech
- Tuskegee University (Alabama)
- University of Arizona
- University of Illinois, Champaign
- University of Illinois, Chicago
- Virginia Tech
- Western Michigan University
Start Building Your Career Before You Graduate.
USG’s Co-op/Intern Program offers college students and up and coming professionals a unique opportunity to get hands-on exposure to an exciting, fast-paced, worldclass building materials manufacturing environment.
Through our cooperative education exchange at manufacturing sites, the research and technology center, and our corporate headquarters in Chicago, you’ll earn a competitive salary and gain invaluable experience while working alongside proven professionals. We’ll design challenging assignments with your career objectives, education and personal preferences in mind.
Opportunities are generally available to students in Engineering, Accounting, Human Resources, Sales/Marketing, and Information Systems. Eligible participants must complete the application process and fully meet their college cooperative education department requirements. USG recruiters regularly visit select campuses each Spring and Fall in addition to attending special events (i.e. career fairs).