Sheetrock® Brand Glass-Mat Liner Panels Mold Tough® (UL Type SLX) are 25.4 mm (1 in.) Type X liner panels that feature a noncombustible, moisture- and mould-resistant gypsum core that is encased in a moisture- and mould-resistant fiberglass facer and back. When tested in accordance with ASTM D3273, Standard Test Method for Resistance to Growth of Mold on the Surface of Interior Coatings in an Environmental Chamber, the panels score a "10" (highest). For best results, use the panels with Sheetrock® Brand Shaft Wall and Area Separation Wall framing components. The panels are UL Classified for fire resistance and can be used in any UL/ULC Design in which Type SLX panels are listed.
Note: Sheetrock® Brand Glass-Mat Liner Panels Mold Tough® have been comprehensively tested for fire resistance, structural performance and sound control only when used with Sheetrock® Brand Shaft Wall and Area Separation Wall framing components. Sheetrock® Brand Shaft Wall and Area Separation Wall System components must be used together to ensure superior system performance and safety. Substitution of any system component is not recommended and is not endorsed by the CGC Inc. For more information, see CGC Shaft Wall Systems, SA-926.
- Score and snap easily; no special handling required
- Comprehensive product and system testing assures long-term performance and safety
- Suitable for use in pre dry-in applications of wallboard before the building envelope is fully enclosed
- Feature double-beveled edges for easy installation
- Feature an inorganic fiberglass face and back
- Comply with ASTM C1658, Standard Specification for Glass Mat Gypsum Panels, for 25.4 mm (1 in.), Type X, water-resistant gypsum wallboard and gypsum shaftliner board
- Score a 10 when tested in accordance with ASTM D3273, Standard Test Method for Resistance to Growth of Mold on the Surface of Interior Coatings in an Environmental Chamber
- UL/ULC Classification as to fire resistance, surface-burning characteristics and noncombustibility
- Guaranteed for five years against manufacturing defects and have a 12-month limited-exposure warranty
- Achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification and qualifies as a low VOC emitting material (meets CA 01350)
- Multi-Family Residential and Condos
- Stairways and Elevator Shafts