The industry's first and lightest 15.9 mm (5/8") Type X panel available for commercial and residential construction. Sheetrock® Brand UltraLight Panels Firecode® X is the industry's first and lightest Type X gypsum panel, and is available in one of two Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL) Type Designations (Type ULIX and Type ULX), depending on the market. Both panels have been formulated to achieve all of the strength and performance characteristics as standard 15.9 mm (5/8") Sheetrock® Brand Firecode® Gypsum Panels at a significantly reduced weight.
Product Availability of type ULIX: Western Canada, Ontario, and Quebec
Product Availability of type ULX: New-Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland.
Innovative engineered composite design makes Sheetrock® Brand UltraLight Panels Firecode® X the lightest Type X wallboard available in the industry.
- Complies with ASTM C1396 physical properties for 15.9 mm (5/8") Type X gypsum wallboard.
- Listed by UL for use in fire-rated partitions when installed either vertically or horizontally with aligned tapered edges on standard and equivalent UL-approved 25-gauge studs (per UL Design U419 and U423).
- cUL Classified as to fire resistance, CAN/ULC-S102 for surface burning characteristics and CAN/ULC-S114 for core combustibility.
- Offers comparable sound, strength and impact resistance to standard 15.9 mm (5/8") Type X.
- Can be used in generic wall and ceiling fire rated assemblies where 5/8" Type X panels have been specified.
- The type ULIX is also available in 54’’ wide panels perfect for 9-foot ceilings and reducing overall number of joints to finish.
- Administrative Offices
- Bars Restaurants and Dining Areas
- Convention and Meeting Rooms
- Corridors and Hallways
- Department Stores and Boutiques
- Executive Areas, Conference Areas and Board Rooms
- Galleries and Exhibit Spaces
- Grocery Stores
- Guest Rooms and Suites
- Health and Fitness
- Laboratories, Operating Rooms and Imaging Rooms
- Lobbies and Reception Areas
- Mall Interior Spaces
- Mechanical Rooms
- Media Centers, Music Rooms and Libraries
- Multi-Family Residential and Condos
- Open Plan Offices
- Patient Rooms
- Single-Family Residential
- Stairways and Elevator Shafts
- Traditional Offices